Morgan Lewis & Bockius
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading international law firms firm with almost 4000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking a Research Librarian that will support the attorneys and staff. This position will reside in either Washington, DC, Houston or Chicago and will be responsible for providing high-quality legal, business and law-related research and reference services to the firm’s attorneys, paralegals and other administrative professionals.
• responding to research requests;
• monitoring litigation, news, legislation and regulatory developments;
• providing guidance and training on databases and other research resources;
• Keeping current with changes and developments in information resources;
• evaluating research databases and other information resources;
• writing practice guides, checklists and research tips;
• assisting the Library Manager with special projects;
• developing and sharing new research strategies and best practices.
• Qualified candidates must possess a Master’s Degree in Library Science and a minimum of one year of prior law library research experience.
• Proficiency with research databases including Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, BNA.com, Cheetah, PACER and HeinOnline is required.
• The position also requires the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, strong organizational and time management skills, a strong customer service orientation, a demonstrated interest in personal professional development, and the ability to maintain client confidentiality.
• Qualified candidates must be able to complete research projects independently. The ability to work with other firm librarians as a member of our national library team is also required.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent research skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills, excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Experience supporting the following practice groups is a plus: Food & Drug, Investment Management, Litigation, Intellectual Property, Employee Benefits, Employment, Energy, Securities, Structured Finance and/or Tax.
• Experience researching legislative intent is also a plus.
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting “Careers.”
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.