- The Agnes and Harvey Reid Award for Outstanding Contribution to Law Librarianship – presented annually at the May business meeting for outstanding service to the chapter during the previous year or for contribution to law librarianship.
- Outstanding Lifetime Achievement in Law Librarianship Award – presented annually at the May business meeting for outstanding lifetime achievement in law librarianship.
- Outstanding In-House Publication Award – given to an individual or group who created in-house library materials (print or online) that are user and staff oriented, are relevant for law libraries, and are outstanding in quality.
- CALL Awards Selection Criteria
- Award Nomination Form (Word or PDF)
- Past Award Winners
CALL Grants are available to CALL members throughout the year. Grant funding is available for all types of continuing education programs, including attendance at the AALL Annual Meeting. Members must demonstrate their need for funding support in the grant application. CALL members are encouraged to apply for a grant for AALL or other programs of interest. For more information, please contact the current Grants & Chapter Awards Chair.
- An applicant must have a minimum of 12 months membership in CALL, and be a current member of CALL with the current year’s dues paid at the time of application.
- An applicant should have demonstrated participation in CALL activities such as program or meeting attendance, committee work or holding office. First-time applicants will receive priority.
- Factors that the committee will consider are suitability of the educational program/meeting/workshop to the professional development of the applicant; contribution record of applicant in CALL and/or AALL; potential or proven ability of the applicant in the field of law librarianship; and financial need.
- Qualifying continuing education programs include programs sponsored by CALL, AALL, SLA , or CLS. Members may receive grants to other events, such as conferences, workshops and special institutes, when the topic is of importance to the law library field and professional development.
- Grants have been awarded for amounts ranging from $100-750.
- A member will only be awarded one grant in a fiscal year, which runs from September 1st through August 31st. An application for another grant can be made when three years have passed since the award of the prior grant.
- Grant recipients must agree to write an article for the CALL Bulletin. Grant recipients are encouraged to serve on a CALL committee for a year after receiving the grant. Incomplete applications and those postmarked after the deadline indicated at the top of the grant application will not be considered.